It was great fun rolling these Borecks with volunteers from the audience they did an awesome job & learnt a new skill!
Borecks can be filled with either fried lamb mince from www.woolumbi.com and dried mint, enough to give it that real Turkish taste or potato & red onion from www.brf.com.au at the Red Hill show yesterday I filled the borecks with potato & red onion & the other with Feta from www.redhillcheese.com.au & fresh chopped parsley from www.brf.com.au both very popular!
Here is the recipe for the Feta & parsley Borecks I hope you enjoy making them X
Feta & Parsley Borecks
6 sheets ( 1 packet) Yufka pastry available from Turkish shop
500g feta cheese
1/4 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
500ml vegetable oil for frying
- Open the pastry and lay on top of each other
- Cut each circle in half and each half into 4 pieces
- Cover with a slightly damp tea towel, stops the pastry drying out
- Crumble the cheese into a bowl, add chopped parsley, mix together
- Put a tablespoon of mixture on the widest part of the pastry triangle at one end, leaving a 1/3cm space at each side.Fold in the sides and roll up tightly.Join the pastry with some water on the point to make it stick together.Repeat with the remainder of pastry
- Deep fry in hot oil for a few minutes until golden brown
- Drain on paper towel.
- Serve hot & enjoy X