Saturday 11th March 2017 was a wonderful warm March day perfect for the annual Red Hill show at the Red Hill showgrounds.
For those who visited the cooking stage at 11am thank you, it was wonderful to have you there & as promised here are the recipes of the two things I demonstrated.
Chocolate Avocado Tart (Serves 10)
- 1 cup mejool dates, seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup walnuts
The Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- 3 large avocados
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil
- 150g cacao
- 4 tablespoons honey
- Fresh raspberries, cacao nibs & edible flowers to garnish
- Lightly grease a fluted tart tin with cooking spray
- Place dates and coconut oil in a food processor and blitz until they form a paste
- Add walnuts and process until well combined but still has a little texture of the nuts.
- Transfer mixture to prepared tin and with your fingertips smooth out to form the base of your tart, refrigerate until needed
- Clean food processor in readiness to make the mousse
- Place avocado flesh, coconut oil,cacao and honey into the food processor and blitz until smooth & creamy
- Transfer mixture to cold tart tin and spread over the base ensuring a nice smooth look is achieved
- Decorate with fresh raspberries, cacao nibs and edible flowers
- Refrigerate for around 2 hours to firm up but check before if needed
- Slice & serve thin slices